Time Shift is a rapidly growing start-up in the field of energy storage systems. We are a manufacturer for industrial applications of energy storage systems, equipped with used batteries from electric vehicles. A sustainable and affordable solution with a low environmental impact. With this, we offer our customers a concrete circular and sustainable solution.
When you come to work at Time Shift, you work in an environment that is constantly on the move and has tight deadlines. The atmosphere is informal and at the same time, as a company, we strive for professionalism and the highest quality. You will work in an innovative environment where teamwork, communication and assertiveness are strong core values. You will collaborate with energetic colleagues in a small international team.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying high-quality software solutions for our Energy Management Systems using various programming languages (Python, PHP, etc.), PostgreSQL, and TimescaleDB or other technologies that you believe can make the difference. You will work closely with our product, commissioning, and service teams to understand business requirements, design solutions, and develop software that meets customer and business needs. It is a great opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals who are dedicated to our mission of providing innovative energy storage solutions coming from second life batteries.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software solutions using our current stack or other technologies.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code that adheres to software development best practices.
- Work together with the service, production, and commissioning teams to identify and troubleshoot software defects and performance issues.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the development of our software engineering standards and practices.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and keep it up to date.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in software engineering.
What we offer:
At Time Shift, we value our employees and we are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive work environment. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to help our employees thrive, including:
- Competitive compensation: We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages to ensure that our employees are fairly compensated for their work.
- Professional development: We are committed to helping our employees grow and develop their skills, and we offer opportunities for training, mentorship, and career advancement.
- Work-life balance: We understand the importance of work-life balance, and we strive to provide a flexible and supportive work environment that allows our employees to manage their personal and professional responsibilities.
- Diversity and inclusion: We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is essential to our success, and we are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued and respected.
- Employee engagement: We foster a culture of open communication, collaboration, and teamwork, and we encourage our employees to share their ideas and contribute to the growth and success of our organization.
- Friday Fitness/training sessions.
- Company lunches on special occasions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Solid experience with at least one programming language. While our focus is on Python, C#, and PHP, experience with other languages like Go or Java is equally valuable. The key is understanding that each tool is best suited for a particular task.
- Familiarity with software development best practices, including Agile development methodologies, unit testing, and code reviews.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with developing software that runs in the Cloud or experience with systems engineering.
- Good problem-solving with a strong sense of ownership and a passion to learn new skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Experienced in working with a team of developers.
- Located in the Netherlands. Proficient in English. Dutch is not required.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to microservices architecture and distributed systems, or a desire to learn.
- Experience working with Grafana and TimescaleDB.
- Experience with DevOps. CI/CD, Agile methodologies, Github Actions.
We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected. If you believe you meet some or all the qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.